The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat in Ireland
The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat is a government funded initiative designed to increase the energy generated from renewable sources in the heat sector. The scheme is open to commercial, industrial, agricultural, district heating, public sector and other non-domestic heat users. Heat output is measured using a heat meter and payments are made over a period of 15 years.
Who is eligible?
The SSRH is open to all non-domestic, commercial, industrial and agricultural heat-users that are not classified as emission traders. Heat eligibility includes building heating and industrial processs heating.
The SSRH supports only biomass fuels that are sustainable, traceable and can achieve at least a 70% reduction of CO2 emissions. In Ireland owing to our forestry industry, Irish wood pellets achieve 92% reduction in emissions.
How much is the payment?
The SSRH starts off with payments of 5.66c/kwh per annum, dropping in stages to 0.37c/kwh depending on how much heat is used.
Brites Heat Package
We can offer a Heat Supply Contract tailored for your business’ heating needs
• Our team of engineers will visit your site and based on the findings and your brief we will offer you specific design and implementation solutions
• With an established relationship with the leading Boiler & Burner manufacturers, brites will fully manage the entire project of installation & commissioning;
• Our team of engineers will carefully look after the ongoing operating, monitoring and maintenance as part of your heat package
• brites will assign a Designated Key Account Manager and a Technical Manager for your installation and for the entire contract – according to your requirements
• Flexibility in contracts based on your needs: We can offer an entire Heat package with Monitoring and Maintenance included, or only a Fuel Supply contract for your wood pellets.
How do our Heat Contracts work?
With a heat Supply Contract we will manage your biomass heating system and take care of everything, from installation of boiler, supply of wood pellets, regular maintenance and servicing from our experienced team of engineers.
You will only pay for the heat used on a kWh basis, whilst receiving your SSRH payments in your account.
Benefits of our Heat Contracts
- Long term fuel security with our dedicated delivery fleet
- Expert team of Engineers to supervise and maintain your entire heating system
- Full support from a dedicated Account Manager with the SSRH compliance
- Only pay for the heat used on a kWh basis
- 24/7 Monitoring of your biomass heating system to detect any downtimes.